Once the stroller was the symbol of luxury, but no longer, now it becomes part of every family. It is imperative in order to handle your babies and toddlers easily. The stroller allows your baby to walk around, explore the surroundings even if they are too small to walk or suffering from a specific medical condition.
When it comes to the Stroller For Big Kids, there are several reasons behind this like your child is suffering from a specific medical condition, you are on vacation or kid recovering from surgery. If your child is suffering from any of the above condition, then you should buy a stroller for him. For your convenience, after talking with the hundreds of moms who are already using the different stroller and comprehensive research, we have formed this list of the best stroller for the big kids.
You all know, Babyozy.com is the one-stop destination for all the baby caring products. Our team of professional and doctor shortlist all the below-featured stroller by understanding the needs of children.
Types of Strollers
If you are searching for the all in one stroller, then the full-sized stroller is the perfect choice for you. This type of stroller will wheel your little one till the toddler years.
They are more comfortable than any other type of stroller and come with a full range of features that not only make baby’s ride a joy but also make your life easier.
The full-sized stroller is the perfect choice for the big kid if they are suffering from any medical condition. There are lots of advantages of using this type of strollers such as Wide and comfortable well-padded seat, Deep seat recline, and the option to mount the seat forward-facing or rear-facing.
Lightweight or Umbrella Stroller
You will not get all the features like Full Sized Stroller in the Umbrella Stroller, but this type of stroller is perfect for being easy on-the-go.
Talking about this Lightweight or Umbrella Stroller, they are often weighing 15 pounds or less, a lightweight stroller is designed for portability.
It is easy to carry because of its folding features, which makes it portable. After the folding, you can also take it on the airplane, bus or train. You will also get lots of other benefits like you can recline the seat for additional comfort.
The jogging stroller has superior suspension which allows you to lets you walk, jog or hike and keep baby in comfort, Even for maximum maneuverability both on and off the jogging trail.
Jogging strollers are enriched with safety features like deep reclining seats, telescoping handlebars, five-point harness, wrist strap as well as there is also generous storage baskets.
If you are the parents of twins, then the double stroller is for you, or toddler who’s not ready to give up his stroller days.
The double stroller comes with two different formats such as in one form the children seat behind each other and in other the children seat side by side. It will increase your convenience if you have twins, this option enables you to manage your twins with only one stroller.
Car Seat Carrier
This type of stroller is specially built to stand for your infant car seat into a stroller in just one snap. Talking about the car seat carriers, they are very compact and lightweight. For a no-fuss transition into and out of the car, they are convenient.
Talking about the travel system, it is the pair of the infant car seat and stroller; you can choose a system with the type of stroller you like best.
These are the six different types of stroller which are made for different needs.
Features to consider when buying a stroller for big kids
Type of stroller
There are six different types of the stroller; you should choose the perfect and comfortable stroller for yourself. If you are searching of the stroller for big kid, we recommend you to go with Full-Sized Stroller.
Why is Full-Sized Stroller perfect for the big kid?
- Full-Sized Strollers are Wide, comfortable, well-padded seat
- Your child will get the additional comfort because of its deep seat recline
- Completely feature-rich, with Full-Sized Strollers you will also get the option to mount the seat forward-facing or rear-facing and the opportunity to attach a car seat
- When it comes to babies, comfort always matter. Full-Sized Strollers features a very convertible design that grows with baby, from newborn users with the car seat, you can also expand its canopies.
- Mostly the Full-Sized Strollers features study times and the better suspension which will absorb shock.
- When it comes to storage spaces Full-Sized Strollers are prefect; here you will get the roomy basket for storage
- Their telescoping handlebars will be very useful if the parent of the baby is tall.
- You will also get lots of added convenience like you can enjoy the coffee on the go with the help of its universal cup-holders.
Size and weight of the stroller
The stroller should be lightweight. If you are the active traveler then you should go with the stroller which has the features of folding and made from heavy grade lightweight aluminum.
Age and size of your child
It is imperative to choose the perfect stroller according to the age and size of your child; now if you are searching for the stroller for the big kid then without any hesitation go with the Full-Sized Strollers. It is perfect for big kids because of the comfortable and broader seat.
High riding seats
High riding seats will provide you with the more comfortable ride; there are lots of strollers which come with the adjustable riding seats. We always recommend you to go with those strollers because you can adapt them according to your needs and comfort. Moreover, you can also use this stroller for another child conveniently by just changing the height.
Better suspension system
The stroller is mostly purchased for outdoor use, so it is very important to choose which has a better suspension system. You can check the reviews of the user to get the ideas about the suspensions.
Construction and comfort
Construction of the stroller is fundamental if you want to use it for a long time. We recommend you to go with the stroller which is constructed from high-quality aluminum and also lightweight.
Safety: Parking Brakes and Seat Belts
Parking Brakes are essential, this increase the safety of your child, so it is necessary that your child has Parking Brakes. Talking about the seat belts, You all know the importance of seat belts, so it is very important to have the seat belts in your stroller.
Why Does Your Big Kid Need a Stroller?
Now there are lots of reason behind this. The big stroller which has a roomy and comfortable seat is handy for the parent who has a baby with special needs. You will get more flexibility with such a stroller.
The stroller will increase your babies mobility; your child can easily visit the doctor without anyone help, spending time outside the house, running errands all those things become very more comfortable with just a stroller. Almost all the stroller is not only convenient for the kid but also very convenient for the parent because of their folding features and low weight.
One of the primary reason behind this is Vacations, Some time the parents is on vacation, and they want to explore lots of destination then in that condition it is exhausting for your baby feet.
The stroller will help you to if you travel with your little one with that has also been helpful for you at the airport, at the time you need to move quickly or wait in the long queue for very long time.
In some medical condition, the child losing their mobility for a limited time in this condition also the stroller will be helpful for you.
Best Stroller For Big Kids (Quick Reviews)
1. Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller – Black
Lightweight & Convenient to Carry
Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is constructed from the lightweight and stylish aluminum frame, and because of that, this is one of the lightest and most feature rich convenience stroller on the market.
It is very convenient to carry because of its low weight and with an easy to fold frame and carry strap, you can be on-the-go or stow and go with ease.
As i told you, this stroller is made from the high-quality lightweight aluminum frame that’s why it is super lightweight yet incredibly durable. The weight of the stroller is only 13 lbs; It is one of the lightest strollers in the market.
Comes with 3-step fold
- Lift the rear handle
- Push the lever with your foot
- Fold-down and go
Plenty of Storage
You don’t need to worry about the storage options. This stroller comes with plenty of storage spaces such as extra-large storage basket at the front, which is perfect for holding over-sized diaper bags and purses.
You can put keys and cell phone in the rear storage pocket. You can also enjoy the coffee on the go with its universal cup holder and also get the place for your beverage or baby bottle.
Five Point Safety Harness
Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller delivers you incredibly outstanding comfort thanks to its 3Dlite, has an open design, and the easy-to-recline seat lays nearly flat.
The easy-to-recline seat is ideal for napping and on the go diaper changes. The 5-point safety harness easily adjusts to 3-height positions as your child grows, and with the additional padding, your baby will always have a comfortable ride.
Pros & Cons
- Five Point Safety Harness
- Anti-shock front wheels
- Adjustable Canopy with Sun Visor
- Easy-to-Recline Seat
- Storage basket load is 10 pounds
- Maximum weight and height of the child is 50 pounds, 43 inch
- The wheels are pretty tiny
- Doesn’t have adjustable handlebar
- Not compatible with the Car Seat
- Doesn’t have reversible seat
2. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Millennium White
The Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System comes with a three-wheel jogging stroller. The Flex Lock 30 infant car seat with lock in car base enhanced its features. The infant car seat also offers EPS energy-absorbing foam, superior for head protection and seat pads.
Lockable front swivel wheel
The stroller is equipped with a lockable front swivel wheel for jogging which allows swiveling for comfortable maneuverability. For extra compact storage, the wheels have the features of quick release. What’s really great about it is that the wheels have all-terrain tires.
Compact and lightweight
The stroller allows a compact and lightweight fold for easy storage as well as transport, and accommodate children up to 50 pounds and 42 inches tall. Moreover, the infant car seat can able to handle the weights of 5-30 pounds and heights up to 30 inches tall.
You can easily remove the Flex Lock infant car seat from your car and allow you a quick and easy click-in attachment to stroller to make the Travel System. While using it as a Jogging stroller, the child is in the position of sitting only.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System’s parent console has two cup holders and a covered storage compartment. You will get extra comfort thanks to its extra wide, ergonomically shaped foam padded handle. Last but not the least, you will also get a convenient child tray, in addition to a large storage basket.
Adjustable Seat Back and Canopy
The stroller offers a more comfortable ride and protection from the sun and wind with its adjustable canopy with covered sunroof ratchets.
Moreover, the stroller provides a multi-position reclining padded seat with a fully adjustable 5-point safety harness and tether strap, and greater low light visibility with its unmarked feature reflectors on the footrest.
Pros & Cons
- Large wheels roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- The Flex Lock infant car seat with lock in car base
- Lockable Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering
- Reclining padded seat with the five-point safety harness
- Easy compact fold for storage or travel
- Plastic Material
- Zero Head Support
3. Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller, Princeton
This stroller features Comfort from the handle and 5 point harness system with a large storage basket and large shade canopy. You can enjoy the coffer on the go 2 cup holders and dual foot activated brake.
When it comes to the stroller, Comfort is the most important things. Here in this Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller you will get reclining seat. Keep your child comfy during your outings.
Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller will provide you additional convenient; You can enjoy the coffee on the go thanks to its 2 cup holders and pocket which will keep small necessities close.
Because of its folding features, You can easily carry this stroller on the trip, and you can store in very less place, It is perfect for storage or travel.
Pros & Cons
- Comfort-grip Handle and parent organizer tray
- Dual Foot activated parking brake and parent organizer with 2 cup holders
- Large Canopy and basket; Baby Trend Rocket Stroller will accommodate your growing child up to 50 pounds
- Compact fold for travel and storage
- 5 point harness for safety
- It appears that one side was sewn incorrectly/backward so that the entire thing is twisted and surely would dump any contents.
4. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Compact Stroller, Slate Grey
Easy One-hand fold
You will get the additions convenient at the time of traveling because this stroller features easy one-hand fold. It is compact and stands easily after folding. If you are an active traveler, then this will be the perfect one for you.
Convenient for Parents and Baby
When it comes to baby, comfort always matter. In this stroller, you will get fully-featured parent tray with two drink holder and the extra storage area for keys and phone.
You will also get the removable child tray which you can use to hold the dual cup & also features juice box holders.
Large Storage Basket
It is not easy to go for shopping with the baby, but with the stroller. You will not need to worry about this; It has a large, accessible storage basket to hold all of your items.
Three-Tier Extended Canopy
Three-Tier Extended Canopy will provide you the protection from sun, The peek-a-boo window expands and then tucks away when not needed.
The weight of the stroller is only 11.8 Ibs, and the weight capacity of the stroller is only 40 Ibs with a maximum height of 40 inches.
Full seat for additional comfort, the width of the seat is only 12.5 inches. But just remember one thing, The Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller can be used when the child has full head and neck control and can sit up unassisted.
Pros & Cons
- Perfect for traveling and day trips with a compact fold and lightweight design.
- The multi-position reclining seat keeps the child comfortable.
- All-terrain wheels and front suspension provide a smooth and comfortable ride for parents and child.
- Adjustable 5-point safety harness to keep baby secure.
- Disney Size Approved
- Convenient one-hand and self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations
- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection
- This stroller is not compatible with any infant car seats
- The seat does not recline completely flat.
5. JOOVY Caboose Too Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller, Black
Unique stand on the platform
Thanks to its unique stand on the platform, you will profoundly stable, and your baby can also sit or stand. Now you don’t need to list a heavy child and out of the stroller, Because of its linked parking brake will experience safe stops.
Create a travel system
The included car seat adapter in JOOVY Caboose Too Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller can fit in most of the leading brands and allows strolling with infant car seat. Still, you will get the space for the older child to stand on the back. Car seat adapter and tray come with the Caboose Too Graphite.
Compact and easy to fold
This JOOVY Caboose Too Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller is perfect for you if you are the active traveler, This stroller feature trigger fold mechanism, Because of that you can easily carry it anywhere.
Ideal for anyone
This is the most compact and maneuverable full-size double stroller available; It is able to carry max child weight 90 lbs. Provide, you additional comfort because of its full-size removable rear seat has a multi-position recline and holds a child from 6 months to 45 lbs. Talking about the seat, It front seat accommodates a child from 3 months to 45 lbs. and reclines to 3-positions
Pros & Cons
- You did not need to add extra stroller boards for the second rider
- Talking about the bottom line, the Caboose Too Graphite is no longer, no wider, no heavier and is as maneuverable as many single strollers
- This is the Lighter and more compact than a full-size double stroller
- Older kids can choose to sit, stand or walk and love the independence
- Easy to maneuver and navigate through crowds or narrow places
- Profoundly stable and supportive
- Not come with an already built-in organizer.
6. gb Pockit + Lightweight Baby Stroller, Umbrella Stroller
gb Pockit+ Lightweight Baby Stroller has an ultra-compact design which ensures that the stroller will fit in most overhead compartments on planes and trains. If you are an active traveler, then this will the best choice for you, It also eliminating the need to check your baby stroller while traveling.
You can easily fold this in just two simples steps, and after the folding, the stroller becomes very convenient to carry and effortlessly via the attached handle.
Durable and Flexible
Talking about the construction, GB Pockit+ Lightweight Baby Stroller is constructed for exceptionally durable and flexible material. It is specially made for everyday use, and it is also designed to roll with the punches.
Its high-quality flexible construction will keep your wiggly bodies safe and happy during their travels. When it comes to babies, comfort always matters. Your little will enjoy the journey in full support. The seat reclines to a baby lounger, and the canopy keeps the sun’s rays at bay.
Agile Front Swivel Wheels
Its pre-installed Agile Front Swivel Wheels will allow you to turn the stroller very conveniently for the busy; You will feel like you walk in the park.
Pros & Cons
- The Sun canopy offers shade with UPF50+, protecting your little ones from the sun.
- Adjustable 5-point harness system with 3-pint buckle and soft shoulder pads.
- It is cleverly designed to stand alone when folded.
- Can be locked for stability on uneven surfaces.
- Convenient pushing and steering.
- Front swivel wheels make navigating busy streets and turning corners easy.
- Stated, Pockit plus is an urban travel genius.
- Doesn’t seem to be as sturdy. Somehow this one seems to be a bit more ‘wiggly’ than the original.
- Wheel lock does not work as well. You have to make sure the lock is down. Some users had some roll away issues.
7. Evenflo Vive Travel System with Embrace Infant Car Seat, Spearmint Spree
Best for Active Traveller
If you are an active traveler, then you should go with this stroller because it comes with folding features. After the folding, It becomes ultra-slim, Double grip, 16″ slim fold, gravity fold/unfold.
Allows you to carry your items in its pocket on seat back conveniently and large storage basket under stroller allow room for all essentials. Your child will get the extra protection thanks to its Large Canopy which will provide you protection from the elements.
This Evenflo Vive Travel System with Embrace Infant Car Seat features Embrace Infant Car Seat with extended weight rating. You can also quickly transfer its, Stay-in-car base to stroller for quick and safe.
Evenflo Vive Travel System with Embrace Infant Car Seat, Spearmint Spree is by Evenflo. Evenflo is the trusted seller, so you don’t need to worry about the quality.
Pro & Cons
- This perfectly paired car seat and stroller combo provide a seamless transition when needing to travel by car and foot.
- Giving you years of potential use.
- The Vive’s hassle-free transfer from our stay-in-car base makes for a quick and safe connection
- No Major Cons, Excellent for the price!
8. Summer Infant 3Dtote Convenience Stroller, Orange & Heather Gray
It is specially designed for moms who want to hang their diaper bag on their strollers. In this stroller, you will get 3Dtote to accommodate diaper bags and shopping bags on our built-in clips.
Now you don’t need to hang weights on the front of your stroller. The clips on the stroller is able to adjust a maximum hanging weight of 5 pounds.
You will get the smooth ride, because of its large and durable 6-inch wheels features the smooth glide bearings and front suspension. Its front swivel wheels will allow you to lock in place for trickier surfaces like cobblestone, and the rear wheels lock easily with just the touch of a toe.
3Dtote Convenience Stroller
This stroller is specially made from the durable stroller with a lightweight, stylish aluminum frame. It will provide you years of use.
The manufactures also loaded the 3Dtote with unbelievable storage, extra comfort, and the convenience you expect. It is recommended for babies from 6 months to 50 pounds.
It is specially designed according to the comfort of the child. The in-build large adjustable canopy will help protect your child’s sensitive skin from the sun’s harmful rays, and the pop-out sun visor provides even more protection.
Pro & Cons
- The 3Dtote has an aluminum frame which makes it lightweight and durable.
- The stroller can accommodate a maximum hanging weight of 5 pounds.
- It has a compact, easy 3-step fold.
- The peek-a-boo window lets you check in on a whim.
- The 5-point safety harness easily adjusts to 3 height positions as your child grows.
- Comes with the additional padding.
- With an auto-lock and carry strap, you are all set for every adventure.
- No Major Cons
9. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller, Phantom
Can attach the one or two infant car seats
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller will allow you to carry to up to two babies sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats, or one sitting and one standing.
You can attach the one or two infant car seats on it, but you need to buy it separately, this stroller accommodates two children up to 50 pounds each.
Has Basket and Storage Space
When it comes to shopping with a stroller, It is not easy, But in this Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller, you will get the large basket and compact fold for easy transport and storage which will increase the convenience.
Pros & Cons
- Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller, Phantom.
- Allows your children to sit or stand along the ride.
- You can also use an infant car seat in both the front and rear-facing seats.
- The back seat is padded, which the lots of strollers were not.
- It folds and unfolds relatively easy, with plenty of sturdy places to hold as you trying to out into the car
- The rear handlebars are sturdy.
- Each kid has their cupholders.
- The front seat declines, but very little. It’s not able to move back except for an inch or so.
- A Chicco car seat wouldn’t fit in the front. It does fit in the back.
10. JOOVY Caboose Too Ultralight Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller, Black
Stable and Safe Stand-on Platform
The weight of the stroller is 23.5 pounds. It is very lightweight, most compact and maneuverable full-size double stroller as compare to others. You can carry the max child weight 90 lbs.
Its lightweight stand on the platform will allow your little one to sit or stand — no need to lift a more substantial child in and out of the stroller. Also has the linked parking brake for safe stops.
Its Extended Canopy will protect your child for the harmful rays of the sun, Its new rear canopy extension which covers the rear rider when seated. It is made of neoprene with pockets and 2 cup holders for organizing.
This stroller also has a Parent Organizer and a Universal Car Seat Adapter that fits most major brands. Talking about the seats, It’s front seat accommodates a child from 3 months to 45 lbs, and reclines to 3-positions. The rear bench seat and standing platform of the stroller can hold a child 2.5 years and up to 45 lbs.
Pros & Cons
- You don’t need to add additional boards or accessories that can get wobbly
- This stroller will allow you to use it for two children at a time.
- Will provider your child more comfort thanks to its Rear Seat accessory adds a full-size reclining seat
- Its is the perfect, lightweight travel system for your toddler and newborn with the pre-installed universal car seat adapter.
- No Major Cons, It is perfect for babies, lightweight, and comfortable.
Those are the Top 10 Best Stroller For Big Kids; Big kids need the stroller when the child is suffering from a specific medical condition; you are on vacation or kid recovering from surgery. All the above-featured stroller are perfect; You can buy any one of the above.
We hope this article on Top 10 Best Stroller For Big Kids is helpful for you, If the article is useful for you in any manner then kindly share it on social, Stay connected with us for future updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age does a child stop using a stroller?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, there is no guidelines for that. Talking about the average age, the child can stop using the stroller at the age of three years. It depends upon you if any child is suffering from the medical condition then they can use stroller till they need.
2. Should I bring a stroller for my 6-year-old kid?
According to us, the six-year-old kid doesn’t need a stroller, but if your child is suffering from the medical condition, then you can.
3. Does stroller expire?
No, It depends upon your uses and maintenance.
4. Can you put a 3-month-old in a stroller?
Yes, you can but, only strollers that fully recline are appropriate – since newborns can’t sit up or unable to control the neck. So, Bassinet stroller is the most appropriate choice.
5. Can a baby sleep in the stroller?
Yes, the stroller is comfortable & safe enough that your child can sleep in it.